Thursday, October 18, 2007

I have had such a great day.

I know that the Immovable comes down;
I know that the Invisible appears to me;
I know that He who is far outside the whole creation
Takes me within Himself and hides me in His arms,
And then I find myself outside the whole world.
I, a frail, small mortal in the world,
Behold the Creator of the world, all of Him, within myself;
And I know that I shall not die, for I am within the Life,
I have the whole of Life springing up as a fountain within me.
He is in my heart, He is in heaven:
Both there and here He shows Himself to me with equal glory.
- St Symeon the New Theologian


I've had an eventful day. Somewhere in there I sprained my foot, ate sushi, got hot chocolate spilled all over me, walked into a beautiful Orthodox church (the church of the Nativity at Port Adelaide) which has icons EVERYWHERE and is generally incredible, helped Nikki buy fabric and patterns for dresses, ate spinach cannelloni, went to study, got told by Father to keep talking (goodness knows why), and got brought home.

Oh and I got a massage with tiger balm on my sprained foot from Nikki, and a package full of thread (the fibres for Dance of the Graces). And I got a small pair of circular needles for the dalek.

I've been being so good working on Mystery X...but Dance is calling...ack! I might have to get a few hundred stitches in tomorrow (if I stay home) but focus on MX at least until this house is done...

*sighs* I wish I wasn't such a screaming rotationer.

Oh and Elias found my blog by accident searching for Father's number. Hi Elias!

And Andrew gave me back my triquetra necklace...and I told him about how much the jeweler wanted to sell me a new chain for my cross for...and he laughed so much that it hurt and offered to fix it for free. I love Andrew, I think. He brought his violin but I didn't have my flute, but when we next have study this will be rectified. He also gave me The Count of Monte Cristo to read, and added me to his facebook.

I will go to sleep happy tonight.

No comments: