Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SB&B stash

I think I love SB&B - people complain about them, but I always have long wait times for stash anyway so the wait times don't really bother me.

I got a package today...ooh fun!

My stash haul is as follows:

The Lord's Prayer - My Big Toe
Wings of Courage - Dragon Dreams
Nuts About Autumn - Waxing Moon.

All just the charts for now - buttons/fabric/silks/floss can come later!

Most of Wings of Courage is in DMC anyway, and the Nuts About Autumn one has a DMC conversion and I can't justify the GAST prices when I have the DMC already.

In other news, Centrelink is being annoying, but that's normal. And I got books from the library today, which was wonderful, I havent had fiction to read (that I don't already own) really for aaages.

I've been happily stitching for the past few days. The weekend was the New Start SAL, and I got around 1000 stitches done - not bad, given I'm sick and have been busy. It's tucked away again until 2nd weekend SAL next month, now. Lots of sparkle, but it looks good. I'm liking the glissen gloss a lot, Anna.
Yesterday's piece was JOB, to make up for not stitching it on Monday, and I got a huge amount done - I never expected to get that much done! I was starting the new panel, and I got most of the black border done (all but a fraction of the bottom part of the outside border, and the inner border on the oval shaped border), along with all of the blue and gold cross stitching and backstitching at the top, the continuation of the pine tree from the other panel - so pretty...and I finally figured out how to do queen's stitches properly, while doing the LAST ONE! Not going back to frog them, they look fine. If they still bug me when I go to make the whole thing up, I'll fix them then. I also started the new tree and got a lot of grass done. Basically I've been working on the principle of one length of black thread, one of colour, one of black, etc etc and I made a huge amount of progress. Very pleased, if I keep this up I might finish the panel next week! Now that would definitely be something. I might pick it up again sometime this week, too, if I get the urge/want to stitch something that isn't ARN. Mostly I just need to do solid stitching in this panel, and that's soothing.

And today's was A Restful Night. She has a face now! All of one, except the very bottom of her mouth and chin. She's so sweet, so, so sweet. My eyes got tired (my body has decided it hates me again today) so I put her down, and I'll try to work on her again tomorrow, and get the hair done for the row. I've started her shoulder now too, which is fun. It's nice to be making progress again, I'd hit a slump with her.

I got Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men in book form, and A Hat Full of Sky in audiobook (squee!) form from the library today, so I'll read Wee Free Men and then I can listen to A Hate Full of Sky while stitching one day. Sounds like heaven to me!

My body is in a bad mood, so this is enough - I'm going to bed. I'll just finish with this, given what day it is in the church calendar - The Beheading of the Forerunner and Baptist, John (John the Baptist).
The memory of the just is celebrated with hymns of praise, but the Lord's testimony is sufficient for thee, O Forerunner; for thou hast proved to be truly even more venerable than the Prophets, since thou was granted to baptize in the running waters Him Whom they proclaimed. Wherefore, having contested for the truth, thou didst rejoice to announce the good tidings even to those in Hades: that God hath appeared in the flesh, taking away the sin of the world and granting us great mercy.

1 comment:

Tash said...

I share your hatred for Queen stitch Kyrie... thank goodness i've finished panel 1, and won't have to see them again until panel 8.

Acutally, I haven't even touched JOB for AAAges... maybe I will next monday... *fingers crossed*