Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I say Amen and it's still raining...

I have discovered (via Anna W) another Casting Crowns song that I love. It's from the album Lifesong and it's called Praise You In The Storm which is a kind of overused phrase, but beautiful song.

Here are the lyrics - they're Christian, if you don't want to read them just scroll down.
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
It's a lovely song musically too.

So where have I been?

Friday I went down to Goolwa (where we keep our boat) with my Dad, and we didn't go on the boat (it was blowing 25-30 knots!) but we drove around and enjoyed the view. We went down to Beacon 19 which is the furthest into the Coorong that you can drive, and Dad went for a walk in the sand dunes while I sat in the car, listened to the radio, and flipped through my Greek book. Thursday night was wonderful, and I got mobbed and fed by Greek little old ladies which was wonderful. I never knew there were so many 'fast-friendly' desserts! We also got conned into joining in a choir practice, for a song we'd never heard before - in Greek. Written in Greek. 8 full pages of it!! Jeremy and I both read biblical Greek, though is is better than mine, but singing it? Not to mention, there are several nuances that are different between ancient and modern greek. Oh well, we got into it - and it was FUN! It was an ode of some sort to the Theotokos, but I'm not sure beyond that.

Friday night was sleepy - we watched better homes and gardens on TV, I stitched, and I fell asleep. I tried the medicine again, and swallowed it all this time, so that's good.

Saturday was just long. I really didn't get much done thought I made muffins - two lots, gluten free for Bindi (who was very appreciative) and normal for the rest of us, donut muffins again. This lot came out a bit mutant though so I hope the next lot don't. They taste good anyway, just look weird!
Sunday was even longer, but good. I was up early for Divine Liturgy this morning, which was good except I need to learn to shut up when I'm talking (I talk too much when I'm nervous and occasionally blurt things I regret - just embarassing) and Troy got told off for having his hands in his pockets - lol. Jeremy came up for lunch, and ate salad (with mushrooms, since he can't have meat) and bread while the rest of us at the same, and fish. He brought a bottle of pink by the same people that make yellow (it's pink champagne stuff) which was YUM though Dad didn't like it because it wasn't sweet enough. I liked it. I went to fishgate with everyone else tonight, which was fun, and everyone now knows that I'm going Orthodox thanks to my Dad saying so while he was on a panel tonight and they were all asked to give their name and a random fact...lol. We went down to Glenelg after church for the annual FishGate pizza night aka Jen's birthday - she always has it at the pizza place, and always invites half the church. Much pizza, and it was fantastic, though I somehow managed to cut my mouth on the pizza - go figure? Anyway that was nice and I came home to crash.

Yesterday was another out of the house day. Dad went in to the University for a meeting with a colleague and I sat down at a spare desk with Stretch and outlined his head, and gave home some more body. He looks good, I need to take another photo of him. We caught the train home, with a few donuts from the awesomeness hot donut place in the train station, and got home to find Mum about to go down to the mall to pick up my jeans that I had taken up, and my medication to help my sleep cycle settle down. While picking up my jeans I fell in love with a short dress/long top (it ties in back so I suppose it's a dress) and got it too. It's pale pink, with short sleeves, made in an all over lace stuff - like cutwork, where the background between the massive flowers was cut out. Anyway, it's beautiful, with little fabric covered buttons on the short sleeves, and larger ones down the front of the bodice, and a round neck. It finishes about mid thigh, and I'll wear it over jeans - it looks great, I'm just waiting for warmer weather now. It's basically a-line, and I've figured out how to make it, so I need to go to Spotlight soon for fabric shopping - I want more calico for another dress like my purple one, though I'll change the skirt to make it less bulky at the waist, and I want fabric to make another of the dress I bought yesterday for myself, and one for Bindi who has told me she wants one too.

And today..today is just blah. I feel dead, but I am lying on the couch looking out the window at the beautiful blue, sunny sky, so all is not lost :)

Stitching has been mostly on Stretch and Mystery X this weekend, and MX now has two of four of the gates on the last corner done, and considerable progress done on the north house and side garden. I am pleased! Photos to come for both of those.

No comments: