Saturday, March 22, 2008

Middlename Meme

stolen from someone's blog:

The Rules:
1) You must post the rules on your post before you answer the questions.
2) You need to list one fact about yourself using each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name use your maiden name instead.
3) When you are finished with your answers, you tag one person for each letter of your name.

L is for laughter - I laugh a LOT. Life's too short not to laugh when something's funny, and joy is a blessing, a gift.

O is for oxymoron! I contradict myself in so many ways, ie. I'm disorganised and a mess but I hate clutter. I break most of the rules for what 'person A' is supposed to be like - my labels describe but do not define me. The one time I suppose I do fit it is my Christianity - but that's easy, as in Orthodoxy there's a lot more scope for individuality as the individual person is important, as part of the community. That's a mystery in and of itself - emphasising both the importance of the individual yet it not being about 'me', but about the community. Uhoh, I'm rambling. Which leads to...

R is for ramble. I get sidetracked very easily, and my conversations are often very messy. Most of my friends can keep up with me, but I've learned the ones that I can be myself with and the ones I need to simplify things somewhat with. Confusing people is not usually a good thing.

R is also for romantic. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I've no shame in admitting that. I will forever love being swept up in the moment, and it's the little things that are important to me. I also have odd ideas about love winning over all, but I also know that it takes a lot of work for that to happen.

A is for artistic. I've been told a thousand times that I have an artistic temperament. I think that's usually a conclusion people come to after seeing the mess that is whatever space I inhabit and my stitching! I'm the sensitive creative dreamer, and this gets me into trouble a lot but I wouldn't change it for the world. Life just seems to 'taste' good this way.

I is for intelligent. This gets me into trouble on a regular basis. Part of this is because intelligence =/= wisdom, and showing off/being proud or arrogant is NOT a good thing. It also caused me trouble all through school - being the kid who can read, write and count three years above what you're supposed to and reads books for fun (and does a 7th grade level assignment on the Victorians during fall break in grade 2) is not the way to have happy teachers. Finally though I'm having a bit of fun with it - it makes it easier to think, read and understand stuff, and have great chats with people. It also appears to make learning language easier.

N is for names. I'm a sociology geek, so I love things like the meanings of names - and I think names are important, too. I like how names were once given specifically for their meaning, and plan to do the same for my children. Mine mean "Lord have mercy" - Kyrie-Eleison, and "for the Lord/the Lord's day"- Kyriaki. Some of my favourites are Eleni/Helen (light), Susannah (rose or lily), John (gift of God) and Daniel (God is my judge).

E is for exact. I'm a perfectionist, and will happily stitch and restitch things until I'm happy. I drive my family nuts restarting projects, but it's always worth it.

I tag...well, anyone that wants it. I hate tagging.

No comments: