Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stitching meme

I ended up not going to bed as my friend Daniel signed on. Was worth it, even if it did mean my head hit the pillow at 2am.

Remember I do that stitching thing? Here's a meme:

1.) How do you hold your fabric? My lowery stand, or I lean the hoop or frame on a table if I'm not at home.
2.) Floss licker? Yep. Occasionally floss will taste TERRIBLE but not often.
3.) How do you thread your needle? Lick the end and thread it.
4.) What needle do you like best? Piecemaker 28s
5.) Are you a needle loser? Not if I can help it!
6.) What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? 32ct or 40ct linen, 32ct jobelan, 30ct linen evenweave
7.) Bobbins or floss bags? Floss bags or stitchbows. Definitely stitchbows for HAEDs
8.) Are you a scissors collector? Nope. I have two pairs, total, and one was a gift, and they're boring ordinary ones!
9.) Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? I finish things?
10.) Are you a floss floozy? Not really, I like having it but I don't squee over it except when it comes in the mail for a new project.
11.) Silk? Love it. HDF, waterlilies, NPI (expensiveness though)...
12.) Railroader? Most definitely.
13.) Are you a pattern or designer snob? No, not really. If I like it, I'll stitch it.
14.) Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? Again, I finish things?
15.) Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? Oh, no. I'm not that bad yet!
16.) Do you wash your projects? The usual "I finish?" thing. My HAEDs will definitely get washed, non-colourfast things don't get washed. I tried to rinse the silks for one chatelaine and will never do it again, it's just not worth it. Better to just be very careful with how clean my hands are.

So...more random facts about me :)

I have my S.O.S. stuff more or less up to date I think, the last lesson we had last term confused me immensely and I think it might have confused others so we'll see. I need to sit down and work on my history stuff today, and I'm hoping to get my supervised essay done on Friday. Slowly, surely, we'll kill this backlog.

No comments: