Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hmm...

It is the 19th of September. That means there are 11 days left in the month.

That means, in order to achieve my stitchy goals for the month I need to:
  • take part in the background SAL this weekend, which may or may not happen
  • do 4150 stitches-ish on A Restful Night
  • do half of the current panel on JOB
  • do a lot on MX to get the house done
  • do a lot on tranquility
  • go to the LNS, buy stitchbows, stitchbowify thread
in the next week and a half.

This would have been possible when I was well, perhaps. I'm not sure if it still is, and I really should try and set more realistic goals! Aim high and all that, but I haven't stitched a whole lot this month.

Here's my plan for the rest of this week:
  • work like mad on TGOSM sampler, aim to have it half done
  • work on JOB at some point, try to get a chunk of the panel done
  • try to get to the LNS for stitchbows
  • work on ARN, try to get it done at least to the end of the current (8th) row, try for half of next
  • try to get to Tranquility
If I can do that, then I can have some hope towards the rest.

Bindi's dress progresses, it's almost done! All it needs now is the zip down the back and the button to fasten it, and a hem. The sizing chart must have been wrong, because I made the arms too big, but I just took it in at the sides and it's fine now. I had to chop the excess out of the seam allowance though, as they were really bulky, and took a chunk out of my finger too. Ouch. Oh well, it looks beautiful.

I'm also thinking about buying this cute little lady:

Her name is Julie, she's 10 years old, and an American Girl doll from 1972-6ish. And absolutely adorable. I've got two of these already - Felicity (1774) and Amanda (modern) - Amanda's a lot like my alter ego. They're 18" tall, and gorgeous, and kind of addictive.

Amanda needs new clothes too - I'm thinking about a dress made out of scraps from Bindi's dress in the same style as Bindi's dress, I'll see if I can pull it off. The print is small enough that I could get away with it, but I'd have to create the pattern small enough, and flatten the bust. And I want to buy her some jeans and stuff like that when/if I get Julie, and a summer outfit for Felicity who currently only has winter clothes from when I was younger and first got her.

No stitching stash for a while in that case, but that's alright - I'm happy stashwise at the moment.

It's Wednesday - The Chaser's War on Everything in on tonight, yay! It also means that tomorrow is Thursday and I get to go out, which will be good.

Anyway, back to working on this stag. I want this sampler caught up!

No comments: