That means, in order to achieve my stitchy goals for the month I need to:
- take part in the background SAL this weekend, which may or may not happen
- do 4150 stitches-ish on A Restful Night
- do half of the current panel on JOB
- do a lot on MX to get the house done
- do a lot on tranquility
- go to the LNS, buy stitchbows, stitchbowify thread
This would have been possible when I was well, perhaps. I'm not sure if it still is, and I really should try and set more realistic goals! Aim high and all that, but I haven't stitched a whole lot this month.
Here's my plan for the rest of this week:
- work like mad on TGOSM sampler, aim to have it half done
- work on JOB at some point, try to get a chunk of the panel done
- try to get to the LNS for stitchbows
- work on ARN, try to get it done at least to the end of the current (8th) row, try for half of next
- try to get to Tranquility
Bindi's dress progresses, it's almost done! All it needs now is the zip down the back and the button to fasten it, and a hem. The sizing chart must have been wrong, because I made the arms too big, but I just took it in at the sides and it's fine now. I had to chop the excess out of the seam allowance though, as they were really bulky, and took a chunk out of my finger too. Ouch. Oh well, it looks beautiful.
I'm also thinking about buying this cute little lady:
Her name is Julie, she's 10 years old, and an American Girl doll from 1972-6ish. And absolutely adorable. I've got two of these already - Felicity (1774) and Amanda (modern) - Amanda's a lot like my alter ego. They're 18" tall, and gorgeous, and kind of addictive.
Amanda needs new clothes too - I'm thinking about a dress made out of scraps from Bindi's dress in the same style as Bindi's dress, I'll see if I can pull it off. The print is small enough that I could get away with it, but I'd have to create the pattern small enough, and flatten the bust. And I want to buy her some jeans and stuff like that when/if I get Julie, and a summer outfit for Felicity who currently only has winter clothes from when I was younger and first got her.
No stitching stash for a while in that case, but that's alright - I'm happy stashwise at the moment.
It's Wednesday - The Chaser's War on Everything in on tonight, yay! It also means that tomorrow is Thursday and I get to go out, which will be good.
Anyway, back to working on this stag. I want this sampler caught up!