After making that post and pottering around the internet a bit, I decided I'd had enough of wasting time, and my neck muscles were starting to hurt again. So I got up and sat down on the couch with my spare DMC stash, and set about kitting up SK Iris Keeper - JosephineWall (HAED), which Sally had gifted me with a few weeks ago. I had the fabric gridded already from an afternoon at Jeremy's with nothing much to do and no painkillers, but the stitch count and a spare piece of fabric in my project bag. I'm missing a few colours, but I marked them in a different colour as I went, and I'll fill them in when I get the chance to buy them.
Want a photo? You know you do. Here's the fruit of a couple hours' stitching:
which was done during the news, All Saints and a medical reality show thingo that I was only half watching. About 300 stitches, which isn't bad for me - I'm not a fast stitcher at the best of times, and it's a new start on top of everything else. I'm pleased with how it's stitching up, the background is so dark and swirly on the artwork it's hard to predict what it's going to stitch up like. There are some unexpected colour changes, but they look great! It's 1x1 (as usual) on 32ct cream linen. I don't usually stitch HAEDs on linen, but I figured this was a small one so why not try, and I'm really enjoying it. 32ct is even enough that I think it's alright :)