Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flu and a meme

Koukla is currently occupied with a ball of scrunched up paper and is tearing around the room chasing it, so I've got a chance to blog :)

She's adorable and settling in well, except for deciding to pounce on my feet at 4am for which she gets locked in the bathroom (with her bed and food dishes) until morning. And I have the flu and have been sneezing madly for a couple days, but oh well. I'm also getting a new laptop, yay, because we can get one for half price if we get it before the end of the month as we can claim it on tax. Awesome. I've been stitching, but there's not much to show for it. Mostly I've had a very lazy day. On the upside, I've been listening to AFR and a few podcasts and am in a much better mood than I have been. Abouna was right - the Gospel and the Church are medicine for the soul.

I haven't much more to say, really. Life is... good :)

What is in the back of your car? Air. I don't have one.
What color is your toothbrush? uh, blue and white
Name one person that made you smile today? does Koukla count? And Isaak
What where you doing at 8am this morning? Sleeping
What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Watching a doco on harlequin ichthyosis (I have a milder form of the same condition ie mine's not likely to kill me)
What is your favorite candy bar? Anything with chocolate and nuts
Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope, and planning on keeping it that way
What is the last thing you said aloud? "please don't knock the bin [trash can] over again Koukla.."
What is the best ice cream flavor? Macadamia and caramel
What was the last thing you had to drink? Orange juice
What are you wearing right now? Pyjamas, senior year hoodie from a couple years ago when i did the first half (it's blue and faded and comfy), white stretchy headband, black kneesocks with flowers and sparkles, komboiskini (prayer rope) on my left wrist, baptismal cross and enamel cross Jo gave me on a single chain around my neck (baptismal cross' chain is being fixed so it's sharing a chain with the other cross, usually i just wear the one)
What was the last thing you ate? rice pudding and apricots, unless butter menthol lozenges count
Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Nope, not yet
When was the last time you ran? A while ago. I don't run much, it's hazardous to my being able to get out of bed the next day.
The last sporting event you watched? Football game i think?
What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? butter
Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on my space? facebook? Tegan.
Ever go camping? Yeah!
Do you take vitamins daily? I'm supposed to
Do you go to church every Sunday? Yes, and Saturday night
Do you have a tan? Not at the moment it's winter!
Do you like Chinese food over pizza? PIZZA! real chinese wins, but I don't think that's what the question is asking.
Do you drink your soda with a straw? Not most of the time...
What did your last text message say? Jeremy asking if I was still awake and telling me if i was going to church he'd meet me at 9:40am and there was a bbq after.
Are you some-one's best friend? I don't know, I don't think so anymore.
What are you doing tomorrow? Sleeping, a s.o.s. class, homework and a lot of sneezing i think! Maybe getting my computer?
Look to your left, what do you see? A wall of bookshelves covered in books (most of which are engineering/maths and i don't understand, they're dad's)
What color is your watch? I think I have one somewhere, it's silver
What do you think of when you think of Australia? Where I live :)
Do you use chap stick? When I have one handy, all the time
What is your birthstone? Diamond
What is your favorite number? 7
Do you have a dog? Nope
Last person you talked to on the phone? Um, my maths teacher I think!
Have you met anyone famous? Define famous? I grew up a diplomat's kid, and I've met the first heirach of ROCOR (the top bishop of one of the Orthodox Churches)
Any plans today? It's 11:40pm. Not really. Keep Koukla from destroying anything else!
How many states have you lived in? 2, one in Australia one in the USA
Ever go to college? Nope
Do you dye your hair? No, tried once and it turned green. Not tried since.
Biggest annoyance in your life right now? This flu!
Last song listened to? Exerciser by Rhubarb (I love this song even though it's kinda old now)
Can you say the alphabet backwards? if i concentrate
Do you have a maid service clean your house? No
Are you jealous of anyone? I try not to be
Is anyone jealous of you? I've been told so. I tell such people they're crazy.
Do you love anyone? I do, but there are four words for love in Greek. Not romantically, no.
Do any of your friends have children? Yeah
Do you eat healthy? Most of the time, when I eat.
What do you usually do during the day? Sleep, stitch, hang out on the net, do schoolwork/class/both, keep kitten out of trouble, go to Church
Do you hate anyone that you know right now? I make a point of not hating people
Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yeah, in varying languages
What color is your car? I don't have one. Invisible.
Have you ever been to Six Flags? No
Do you like cats? There is a baby one on my lap. Jeremy's answer to that question the other day was 'sometimes, with garlic and onions'
How did you get your worst scar? I don't have any really visible ones. The one on my knee was from hitting the pavement running a few years ago and taking about 2" round off my knee about five layers deep (ow), the one under my lip from being hit by mistake by a softball bat and putting two teeth through my lip, and the one in the middle of my lip from biting my lip in half when I was 2.

Fun meme for a change :)

1 comment:

JLB said...

You're a Harlequin baby? O_O

wow...