Tuesday, November 28, 2006

phew!

I just finished a stitching marathon - lost track of time.

500 stitches since I finished the 2nd row of blocks...over 1000 stitches since Friday. And I didn't get much stitching done over the weekend!

I stopped because my fingers were starting to protest insanely (my thumb has now gone numb) and I'll probably pay for it tomorrow but it's awesome to see it all come together. 10x10 blocks ARE the best way to tackle the glitter, which I hadn't figured out, but it's true. Especially when the glitter has colour mixed in, I just keep a single glitter thread threaded up for each row and work 10 stitches at a time, working down, then continue with the next block. It's a lot faster, and my tension is better too. I'm about 70 stitches off finishing this page worth of this row of 10x10 blocks but I can't keep stitching tonight, I'll fall asleep with my stitching in my lap. The frogs are looking lovely, or the background is anyway (no frogs to be seen at all in this rotation's worth - it sucks) and I'm glad to be working on them. The glitter/background part of it's almost done for this row (well, the first part - the last entire page is glitter) which is good, soon moving on to colour and flowers and prettyness.

*stumbles off to crash*

No comments: