Friday, July 25, 2008

Bittersweet

You have led me to the sadness
I have carried this pain
On a back bruised, nearly broken
I'm crying out to you

I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy

When death like a gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek your face

But I fear you aren't listening
Because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures

Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

While we wait for rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut

And though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down

Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

Oh, Lord sing of Your mercy,
Mercy
Your mercy
- "The Valley Song", Jars of Clay

JoC write a lot of bittersweet stuff that is actually theologically pretty good. I've been listening to a lot recently, needing something new to listen to. Insomnia when you're not allowed on the internet (which I define as anything unnecessary - forums, surfing etc fall under this category - priests homily type blogs are grey area, blogs of my own don't count as I could do that on my computer, responding to comments DO...) is hard. Stupid Friday.

I have a vigil tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it...and yet not. Which is a weird feeling. And I'm sick, and its cold, and life is not fun...but God is good.

Have mercy Lord and heal your suffering servants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! may the LORD heal you soon!

I love that song!

God bless!

Gayle ~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Rosko said...

Lord, have mercy upon Kyriaki.