Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My bed is a nice place to be

My room on the other hand is a tip, and that's bugging me. Maybe later today I'll go around and clean it a bit, if I have the energy.

I woke up today as sick as I expected to be. At 12:30 I finally woke up, got up to grab my laptop cable and came back to bed. I don't plan on moving much for the rest of the day, I'm just so tired. One of these days I will learn humility, I will learn to look after myself. I will! I'd got complacent - because I'd got myself into a good routine, I barely felt like I was sick anymore. I felt like I could do anything.

...ahahahahaha, NO. Now I am sick as a dog because I didn't pay attention to the signs, and made myself this way.

Today is the feast of the Annunciation - the angel Gabriel coming to visit Mary and announcing (hence the name) that she would give birth to Christ. I love the icon for this feast, there is a big copy of it in the narthex of the Church I most often attend, and etiquette says that you reverence (kiss and say hello to, basically) the icons as you walk in. It's always been one of my favourites of those. One of these days I'll remember a camera, and I'll take photos of my Churches!
Here's the icon:


The hymn for today is part of the Akathist hymn, too.

I have a math class today, and I have never been more thankful for having already covered this topic before multiple times (this is my third attempt at the same subject). This way I don't have to try and grasp any new concepts, just remember the old ones. God-willing my teacher will be kind to me, I'm just...ugh, sick.

But it could be worse. And I do have a lovely warm bed to lie in. This too will pass.

No comments: