Thursday, December 20, 2007

2007 meme

Sorry...yes its a meme, and yes it's long. Skip it if you don't care :)

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Went to an Orthodox service, became a catechumen, went to a public school, got chronic fatigue, rode in an ambulance, caught an interstate train, went on a trip with Troy on our own.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I actually made any. Maybe I'll make some, if I remember!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Helen from Church, my future SIL

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Um. No, I dont think so?

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Australia

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
My health, a life!

7. What date(s) from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 7. My name day, and the day I first finally gave up and went to Church.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Church stuff, I think.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Um... staying healthy.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Um. Yes, I got Chronic Fatigue. Why are you looking at me funny?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm not sure. Probably something stitchy :)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Troy's for actually finishing the year, Jeremy's for putting up with me.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I really can't think of anyone. Is that weird?

14. Where did most of your money go?
Stitching. By far.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Church. Scarily so. And re-starting school.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Um. This is where that my memory being a sieve thing is annoying, isnt it? Probably something Church-y again

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier I think
ii. thinner or fatter? the same, I got much thinner for a while
iii. richer or poorer? poorer, less money stashed in the bank

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hanging out with friends, praying

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on the net, moping

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Church and with Troy's folks.

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Stayed in love

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favourite TV program?
I really don't watch much. I like numb3rs, house, and aus idol though

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No

26. What was the best book you read?
Too many!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Byzantine chant

28. What did you want and get?
A faith that made me grow

29. What did you want and not get?
Yr 12!

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Across the Universe, Stardust

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
19. Had dinner with people.

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to do more.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Pyjamas!

34. What kept you sane?
My faith, Troy

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Meh. Really not my thing!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, I think.

37. Who did you miss?
Fishgate people

38. Who was the best new person you met?
This ones not fair as I met way too many people with Church.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
It is a blessing to be able to say "glory to God for all things" and stop moping about life, getting on with things.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can't do this. My memory is sieve-like, and all I can remember is liturgy...wonderful as that is, it's hard to sum up the year in it!

No comments: